https://theoliveleaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/skinbrush.jpg 168 300 admin https://theoliveleaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/LogoTransparentDARKgreen-300x169.png admin2015-01-05 14:51:212016-12-21 22:04:02Skin Brushing
Skin brushing is a wonderful way to open up an area of elimination through the largest organ in the body “You’re Skin”! Shedding of skin is a natural process which our bodies are constantly doing. Skin brushing is a highly effective technique for assisting the lymphatic system and boosting circulation. The following are guidelines to help you get started: Always use a “Natural Bristle” Brush such as Bass which you can find in your local health food store. If you use the script I gave Eileen you will receive 10% off the purchase.
Directions for Skin Brushing
- Skin brushing should be done before showering.
- Brush in long firm strokes towards the heart.
- You can use a chair or your bathtub to prop one foot up at a time.
- Brush firmly under the sole of the foot and move up and all around the leg.
- Repeat on the other foot and leg.
- Gently brush the hips and buttocks ( these areas may turn slightly pink)
- Brush your hands and arms (remember always away from your extremities)
- Stroke your belly in a clockwise direction (to follow the flow of the colon)
- Brush up the sides of your ribs.
- Brush up under the breasts (Ladies, be aware of the consistency of your breasts as you do this).
- Brush under your chin and down the top ribs, then reach behind with the long handle and scrub your back as thoroughly as possible.
- Brush shoulders.
- You can also us a small soft brush for your face if you choose to do so.
When your body starts to detoxify you may release toxins that have been stored in the colon or in fats cells which can create a variety of reactions. These reactions do not occur with everyone but some may experience a slight headache, mild depression and fatigue. Your skin may break out as toxins are eliminated. The symptoms are usually of short duration and the following can be used to help alleviate them:
1. Drink more water to flush toxins through the kidneys.
2. Make sure you are eating well with whole foods and avoiding processed.
- Use bentonite (clay) baths to pull toxins through the skin. These baths may be taken twice daily: use ½ cup of liquid clay in a tub of warm (Not Hot) water and soak for 20 minutes. After rinse in the shower.
- If PH is acidic you can also use 1 cup of baking soda, 1 cup of ebson salt and 2 ginger capsules to soak in for 20 min and then shower.